Become a “master roaster” by creating your own custom roasting profiles using Sonofresco’s Advanced Definition Roasting (ADR) controller – the perfect combination to make a profitable difference in your business!
The fundamental objective of good roasting should be to reveal the best flavors of any particular coffee. This is best achieved by roasting consistently in color and time-temperature profiles designed to match the characteristics of a particular coffee. Too fast a roast gives insufficient time for flavor development. A longer, light degree of roast allows the coffee to reveal its true flavors. Darker roasts develop caramelized flavors with a sweeter aftertaste, more suitable for espresso. Quick cooling following the roast helps stabilize the brightness of a coffee associated with high acidity.
Sonofresco now enables the discerning roaster to control all of these important roasting variables but still maintain the simplicity of “push-button roasting” with its new Advanced Definition Roasting (ADR) controller.
The ADR software package provides a simple and intuitive means of designing time-temperature roasting profiles for different coffees and specifying end of roast temperatures using a laptop computer. Bluetooth connectivity uploads the profiles and end of roast temperatures to the Sonofresco roaster control and monitors the roast profile on the computer screen. The simple push-button control provides consistency from roast to roast.
ADR Software Features with a Sonofresco Coffee Roaster
- Create and store unlimited custom roast profiles using simple PC and Mac based software
- Wirelessly upload up to 6 selected roast profiles to the One or Two pound Sonofresco Coffee Roaster
- Monitor the live roast cycle on your computer. (See graph above: the red line indicates the actual roast temperature and how closely the roaster followed your selected roast profile. The blue dot indicates the end of roast and start of cooling.)
- Sonofresco Coffee Roaster maintains push-button simplicity with this exciting new software application
- The software package contains the Sonofresco Default profile used on all roasters. The Sonofresco default profile can be copied, modified, saved, and uploaded to the coffee roaster.
- All 2014 Sonofresco roasters can specify either the ADR control package or the standard control.
- Upgrade ADR kits are available for all pre-2014 model roasters. The kit includes new control board, new stainless steel temperature sensor, Bluetooth board, and software CD and license.
To further develop your roasting skills, we recommend these online coffee courses offered by Boot Camp Coffee.