As the holiday season approaches the need for a great tasting decaffeinated coffee to end an evening becomes an important consideration. Sonofresco has a range of 5 excellent decaffeinated coffees for you to choose from. All of them have great flavors and have managed to retain similar taste profiles as their underlying coffees have prior to decaffeination.
As we all know, decaffeination is the removal of caffeine from green coffee beans. To have the label decaffeinated in the USA means that 97-99.9% of the caffeine had been removed. Swiss water Processed Decaf coffees are guaranteed to be 99.9% caffeine free.
There are 4 distinct ways to remove caffeine, several of which invoice the use of chemicals. All coffees sold by Sonofresco is 100% chemical free. They are either Swiss Water Processed in Vancouver, BC or Mexican Royal Select Water Processed.
Our Swiss Water Process Coffees are:
- Cascadia FTO SWP blended Coffee. – A blend of three great tastes, Honduras, Peru and Sumatra FTO coffees. A wonderful long lasting taste. Flavors: Rich, sweet with hints of chocolate. Great as a drip, French Press or pour over method. Try it out! (Flagship Roast Level 4 or 5)
- Peru Organic SWP. A Caffeine free medium bodied with a rich smooth flavor. Can be used for espresso or drip coffees. ( Roast level 4)
- Colombia SWP. The flagship coffee. A caffeine free medium bodied with a rich smooth flavor. ( Roast level 4)
Royal Select Process Coffee Selection
This is a relatively new water process performed in Mexico using glacier water with a similar process as the Swiss Water coffees. We have two varieties:
- Mexico FTO Royal Select Water decaf. – A NEW addition for Christmas from the Tenanguito cooperative – altitude 3000-4900 feet. Flagship roast (level 4). A smooth sweet, well balanced coffee with hits of cloves. Very creamy and delicious.
- Esmeralda Natural Decaf. We have carried this coffee for many years. It has a light to medium body; smooth tasting with nutty and citrus overtones. Excellent as an espresso, latte or drip coffee. Our price point decaf coffee. (Roast level 4 or 5.)
Please remember that there is virtually no chaff produced when roasting decaffeinated coffee. And to soak your screens in purple power or another degreaser every now and then to remove the tiny particles that can prevent air flow movement through your chaff screen.
For further information about our green coffee beans for sale please visit https://sonofresco.com/product-category/green-beans or contact us at (866) 271-7666.